Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jimmy bar360, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

Hi Im Jimmy. Im relatively new to having chickens ive only had them for about 6 months and i love it.

Gertie likes this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Yep, chickens can be fun to have around. What kind do you have?

3. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

Hi Robin. I have a white leghorn, 9 isa browns, 4 Rhode island reds, 5 black link as fully grown and 10 younger ones about 3 months old i think 6 isa and 4 black ones with white specks

4. robin416

That's quite a wide color range you watch out of your window during the day.

Have you noticed that they have color groups? My Silkies did. The dark colored birds hung together and the whites had their own groups.

5. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jimmy! I'm Sylie, We are very happy to have you here with us. Feel free to ask questions if you have any or just jump in on conversations and chat away.

You have quite the flock there, very nice! If you have pictures we would love to see them!
    Welcome to the forum

6. Gertie

Gertie New Member

Me too! Mine just started laying!

7. robin416

Hello, Gertie. Glad you've stopped being shy and decided to join us. :)

Gertie likes this.
  8. Sylie

Hello Gertie! We are so glad to have you here! Join in more often, don't be shy, we are all really nice people here.

Gertie likes this.
  9. Gertie

Gertie New Member

I only have 4. Inside city limits. So, they are backyard chickens in the true sense. Two lavender orpingtons and two Americanas. Rose, Blanche, Dorothy, and Sophia.

Attached Files:

Sylie likes this.
  10. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

They look lovely, a nice looking run for them as well. :)

11. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

That is so funny. They do mix but yes most of the time stay in their groups

12. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

IMAG0614.jpg IMAG0610.jpg IMAG0595 (1).jpg IMAG0591_1.jpg IMAG0604.jpg IMAG0599.jpg IMAG0597.jpg Here are some of mine.. Some of the photos are a little blurry as i was trying to get them in thier area for the night... Oh and a one eyed cat in a tub lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
  13. robin416

Jimmy is right, the girls are very good looking and their digs are spectacular.

Now we just have to get Jimmy to talk to us more. :rolleyes:

14. robin416

I take they weren't having any of it. How many are there again? They are a good looking flock.

Love the pic of the cat in the bucket, glad you got it.

15. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

We have 29 at the moment. They are little buggers some times, but im working on clapping my hands train them to come in thier area for food. They generally come ruuning to me when i come out the house is so funny to see all these wodling boddies running at you... even funnier when the younger ones are get intergrated into the group...

16. robin416

The flock of Guineas I had in my old place would do that. You could hear them thundering across the ground. And during the drought there would be puffs of dust every time their feet hit the ground.

It things like that that make having them in our lives so special and so much fun.

Jimmy bar360 likes this.
  17. Sylie

Gertie, Those are some beautiful girls and holy macaroni what a nice coop and run they have! Do you keep them on sand? Is that what I see for the floor in the run? If so, how do you like it?
    I absolutely love the names, back in the day, when we only had like 3 channels on the tv, I used to watch Golden Girls.

18. Jimmy bar360

Jimmy bar360 New Member

I must admit im not fantastic with talking on chat rooms or forums.. I never know what to say that won't get me embarrassed. I do enjoy our chickens and worry sometimes i talk about hem to much lol But i will try, but if i talk to much about them just let me know :)

19. robin416

We're a chicken forum, talk away. We're here to help when we can. We love pics of flocks. And we talk about nothing sometimes.

One of the things about those still here is that none of them are mean. Well, I can be kind of mean when someone does something truly stupid that causes more harm but I'm learning to rein that in.

We get to experience new setups, new flocks, new ways of doing things.

Jimmy bar360 likes this.
  20. Sylie

Jimmy, I'm afraid that I don't understand one phrase of your last post, you said "Sometimes I talk about them too much", (meaning your chickens of course)could you explain what you mean, here on this forum there is no such thing. :p