Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I started our chicken hobby in August 2012. We wanted fresh eggs, and we absolutely love our chickens. Nothing beats fresh eggs. NO more supermarket eggs for us. We found something that our entire family enjoy. We have 2 RIR pullets, 3 Buff Orpington pullets, 5 Barred Rock pullets, 2 Delaware pullets, 1 Buff Orpington rooster, 1 Banty Black Minorca rooster (who is head of our flock). We also have some baby Wyandotte chicks. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law will share the Wyandotte chicks, so I am not sure how many Wyandottes we will end up with. The Wyandottes are Colombian, Gold Laced, Buff and Partridge.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Your little hobby has turned into a feathered addiction, hasn't it? It just gets bigger, and more fun!!! We look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your stories!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome From Southern California!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi from Texas...we just ordered a batch of chickens...sat here for a couple hours discussing which ones we were going to get :) We had chicks before from Tractor Supply but did not have the "housing" they needed and cause of the neighbors dog and wildlife we dont have any of them...I miss them and their eggs...lesson learned so here we go again...this time...going to make sure we can protect them :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Chickprepper69 said:
Hi from Texas...we just ordered a batch of chickens...sat here for a couple hours discussing which ones we were going to get :) We had chicks before from Tractor Supply but did not have the "housing" they needed and cause of the neighbors dog and wildlife we dont have any of them...I miss them and their eggs...lesson learned so here we go again...this time...going to make sure we can protect them :)
Wher ya at in Texas? South of Houston here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts