Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! We live in the cold north (almost as cold as the U P of Michigan :D )I got back into having chooks after a whole LOT of years this past spring when I rescued 4 18 mo. old ? (worse than) battery large mostly black hens. Poor girls were in really bad shape but they are very happy, almost completely healthy again, ladies. Still missing a lot of feathers but have their shine again and are some struttin', spoiled rotten girls. One went broody on me so I am getting some eggs from a neighbor and putting her to work!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

Come on in!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Welcome. Good for you for saving someone. It's very rewarding when they improve beyond your wildest dreams.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words! My ladies give me a smile every morning and every time I get to watch them experience something for the first time, like dirt or bugs or rain, it makes me feel as tho I've done a tiny good and they reward me with breakfast!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi from da UP of Michigan vickiw! Nice to have a neighbor join me. :) Your rescue girls have to be in heaven being with you now. Aren't rescues just the best! They can be so appreciative and watching them blossom is just a reward in all of itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts