Hi from the WI northwoods!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vickiw, Aug 6, 2012.

1. vickiw

vickiw New Member

Hi everyone! We live in the cold north (almost as cold as the U P of Michigan :D )I got back into having chooks after a whole LOT of years this past spring when I rescued 4 18 mo. old ? (worse than) battery large mostly black hens. Poor girls were in really bad shape but they are very happy, almost completely healthy again, ladies. Still missing a lot of feathers but have their shine again and are some struttin', spoiled rotten girls. One went broody on me so I am getting some eggs from a neighbor and putting her to work!

2. TheGarryFarm

TheGarryFarm New Member

Hi and a warm welcome from the muggy south! So nice of you to rehab those ladies!!!!!

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hello & Welcome!

Come on in!

4. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome. Good for you for saving someone. It's very rewarding when they improve beyond your wildest dreams.

6. vickiw

vickiw New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words! My ladies give me a smile every morning and every time I get to watch them experience something for the first time, like dirt or bugs or rain, it makes me feel as tho I've done a tiny good and they reward me with breakfast!

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi from da UP of Michigan vickiw! Nice to have a neighbor join me. :) Your rescue girls have to be in heaven being with you now. Aren't rescues just the best! They can be so appreciative and watching them blossom is just a reward in all of itself.