Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ontario Farm Wife
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just stopping in to say hi. My Name is Melissa I farm with my husband, and my parents on our Family Farm in Eastern Ontario. We raise beef cattle, Sheep, Goats, horses and I raise my Poultry and Rabbits as a sideline...fun thing! lol

I currently have 4 Chinese Geese, 2 Pairs of Well bred Muscovies, I have a laying Flock of mutts, and I also have a trio of Black Tailed Japs, and some cornish as my current project. I have chicks on order to pick up in May to add to my collection, but after that my bird collection will be complete for the year!

All of the family works full time off the farm, this is what I guess would be called...an expensive time intensive hobby. That I wouldn't change for anything.

Anyways, thats about all! Hope to meet some interesting people on this forum....btw I'm also on Homesteadingtoday, with the same login info!

-Melissa aka ONThorsegirl!!

·
Ontario Farm Wife
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you everyone! Its nice to be welcomed from such a variety of areas.

Melissa

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Melissa
I am from southern Ontario and this is my first venture. I received my first chicks (8) and ducklings (3) two days ago. I would love to get goats in the future, we have quite a coyote problem so not sure how to work around that.
Quite a spring we have been having. It snowed last weekend!!

·
Ontario Farm Wife
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our Weather here as been so strange, this week it has been more normal, Its about time.

As for the goats....they are a blast, make sure your fences are good, and you should be good! lol Mine are housed with the sheep. Mineral needs are different so that has to be regulated. But have fun!

Melissa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts