Hi from Michigan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pwright, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Pwright

Pwright New Member

We are having a rare beautiful warm October day here so I brought my (almost) 4 week old chicks out to enjoy the sun and first dust baths. I have eight little ones and eight adult hens out in the coop. I just joined but I will soon post photos of my coop and birds - promise! I wanted to take some pictures today but chicks are crawling all over me and running in opposite directions. I have the following breeds; buff orps, barred rocks, Rhode Island red, australorps, silver laced wyandottes, speckled sussex's, easter eggers, New Hampshire, gold comet, salmon faverolle...think that covers it. One or two of each. My cockerels are a sussex and an EE. I'm also a backyardchickens.com member (wrightsx4) if any of you are on there too. Looking forward to talking chickens with you all :)

2. BigECart

BigECart New Member

Welcome! Here in south Mississippi, fall has just started. Highs in the low to mid 80's - not quite jacket weather yet.

I'm jealous of all those breeds. I still haven't taken the plunge - maybe next year when Carter's Legacy Farms starts selling chicks again.

3. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard. :)

4. Pwright

Pwright New Member

I knew I forgot one - and one mystery chick that I'm pretty sure is a light brown Leghorn. Thank you for the welcomes!

ForumRunner_20121004_174556.jpg

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Awww, cute babies! Welcome from da UP eh. ;) We're delighted to have you join us! :)

6. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome From North East Texas !! Sounds like quite a flock ya got. Make yourself at home...

Cogburn

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome from NJ on the East Coast. Glad to have you with us in Chicken Land!

8. patlet

patlet New Member

Greetings and salutations from the woods that are still here in New Hampshire. We sell eggs to restaurants, bakeries and at the end of our driveway. Been raising geese, ducks, chickens and rabbits since1984. Currently we are duckless and rabbitless, but we have about 30 chickens, mostly Rhode Island Reds, with a flock of 8 Embden/Toulouse crosses and 7 Toulouse geese.

9. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Welcome from New Zealand!

10. patlet

patlet New Member

Thanks! What do you raise in New Zealand?

11. Riverdale

Riverdale New Member

I am near Alma and Mt Pleasant. Drop me a PM if you need anything and are in the area! :D

12. Pwright

Pwright New Member

Great - thank you!

13. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

I'm very new with the whole chicken thing. I haven't raised any from chicks; I decided to go with the whole welfare thing and adopt 4 hens from the commercial egg farm. My 4 girls are Hyline Browns (I believe that's a Leghorn/RIR hybrid).:)

14. patlet

patlet New Member

What do they look like? I don't think I've seen Hylines before....