Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined earlier tonight, followed the link from the Facebook page to enter the monthly photo contest :) My husband and I live in Kentucky, just outside of Lexington. When I met him in 2007 he had 17 hens of various breeds and a RIR rooster. Over the years we lost a hen or two here and there to predators, sent the RIR rooster to freezer camp because he wouldn't stop attacking me, replaced him with a Barred Rock mixed rooster, culled our flock down to 5 hens and the rooster, then had a massive predator attack that left us with just one hen, now 8yr old Rhoda, and our rooster, Barney. Rhoda still gives us an egg most days but they are free range and the dogs usually find the egg before we do lol.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi! We're happy to have you join us! I found this forum through facebook too. Its a great site. Are you going to get more chickens? I added 2 Pekin ducks to my little flock of feathered pets this Spring. They're pretty entertaining too. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome all :) We do plan on getting more chickens but not sure when. We might be moving next year so will probably wait until after we move.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey there!! I'm new to the forum too :) found this through Facebook too. I'm loving all the info. I just got 12 babies last week and my family and I are loving them!! Can't wait to continue to watch them grow up. I'm from Virginia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts