Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I'm a bit bummed right now. I have a brahma chick that isn't doing too well. :( she was fine this morning but now she just wants to lay around. I got some water in her and she chirps a bunch every little bit but she mostly won't open her eyes or stand. Got her laying in bed with me right now. I figure if she's not gonna make it through night I don't want her to be alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She passed away as did one of my other brahmas and the 2 Banty chicks I bought yesterday. I bought 2 more bantys today and a few hours later, one of them is lethargic and can't stand. Same as the brahma. I doubt she'll survive the night. The other is fine and sitting in a box next to me on the bed chirping away. I feel bad leaving her by herself but she's so small shed get squished if I put her with the others and she keeps pecking on the other banty's head and grabbing her toes and pulling her feet out from under her when I put em together. I have no idea what's wrong. Best I can guess is maybe rural king should wait till they're a little older before selling them. Maybe they're just too young?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chicky butt! She was snuggled under the blanket sleeping. Her sister died and she is too small to put with the others. She also didn't like being in the box by herself so she slept with me.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts