Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi! I am a newbie chicken owner. My fiancé is from the country and has had chickens, but I'm a city-girl and just got my first chickens yesterday (exciting)! We got 2 4-day old blue Silkies (Leonard and Penny) and 4 4 month old barred rock/EE mixes. I'm very excited to get my first egg and love the silkies - if I could I would have boat-loads of them! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum and chickenhood! Both are a lot of fun! :) Bet your silkies are super cute! I have 3 barred rock's that just turned 3 years old. One named Tillie is really friendly and my buddy. She will follow me endlessly and always with me to work in the gardens from start to finish. I love her company. The others will stop in and help for a short bit but are quickly bored and are off to other things like napping. Tillie just stays right with me. She's such a doll. Even in snow, she will stay with me. Chickens are so addicting! The more I learn about other breeds on here, the more I want. However, I just try to enjoy them through everyone elses posts. Cheaper on the budget that way ... and I don't have to clean up added poop. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree! I want more coops, more breeds, more colours already! Not the poop though. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts