HI from AZ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maryhysong, Oct 15, 2012.

1. maryhysong

maryhysong New Member

I live in AZ, about 90 miles east of Phoenix, looking for others around here. Currently have Buff Orpingtons, Welsummers, Muscovy ducks, Welsh Harlequin ducks with some EE and Black Copper Marans hatching eggs on the way.

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello maryhysong! Welcome to chicken forum! How long have you had poultry? What a nice mix you have! We're glad you joined us. :)

3. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome !! That's a nice mix ya got !!

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome from NJ Maryhysong. Enjoy your visit and the natives here. Don't forget to request a sticker. Enjoy your visit!

5. maryhysong

maryhysong New Member

Thanks everyone; I had chickens about 25 years ago down in E. TX. Then I moved home and circumstances prevented having them again. I had some production reds a few years ago but dogs got them. Current chicken pen is 6' fence with two strands of electric; so far so good. Started my current flock last March. Recently hatched my first incubator hatch, all 13 barred rock banty X Buff Orpington eggs hatched and 4 out of 7 Welsummer eggs; all four are girls ;=) My Buff Orpington pullets are beginning to lay, well at least one or two of them; hopefully the rest will follow soon. The BO roo is a meaner so as soon as I have chicks off to the stew pot he goes.

6. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)