Hi From Arkansas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AJones33, Nov 25, 2012.

1. AJones33

AJones33 New Member

I'm kinda new to the forum and just wanted to say hey, and see how many other Arkansans are on the forum

2. hillbillyman

hillbillyman New Member

Howdy. I'm from the north central part of Arkansas. Welcome. This forum is a very good tool to have. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello from Michigan! Welcome aboard the forum. :)

4. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Welcome! I am in Arkansas, just barely. I can be in Oklahoma within 30 minutes or when feeling really brave, Texas in 45. Do the mapping. ;)

5. AJones33

AJones33 New Member

I'm assuming you live somewhere around Texarkana ?

6. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Roughly 45 minutes north of there, in No Man's Land, near De Queen.

7. govols28

govols28 New Member

I'm in Russellville, Arkansas. We have 15 hens and eight babies in the brooder.

8. AJones33

AJones33 New Member

What breed of hens do y'all have ?

9. govols28

govols28 New Member

I have four barred rocks, two EEs, two leghorn crosses, a French copper maran, a red star, a barred Cochin, a chubby egger, a camping, a rir, a lavender orpington, and two of each copper marinas, leghorn, olive eggers and chubby eggers, in the brooder, that are three to five weeks old.

10. govols28

govols28 New Member

Campine* darn auto correct lol

11. thewhisperingoaks

thewhisperingoaks Small Farmer

Hi,welcome. I'm from Imboden, northeast corner of Arkansas. I have 2 hens, a rooster, a dozen guinea hens, and a few four legged friends. this is a great place to swap info and keep each other posted on our flocks. Bruce

12. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Is there any other breed besides LF brahmas? ;)
    Yeah, I've got seramas too. Also, indian runners ducks, a pair of call ducks, a brecon goose and a tufted american buff gander. :)

13. Darrell72223

Darrell72223 New Member

Hi! Just joined yesterday. I'm in Little Rock. I'm working on my coop now, so will be looking for sources for chickens in a few weeks. Plan to start with four.

14. Treehouse

Treehouse New Member

Hi Darrell. Welcome. Good luck. Are you getting layers? meat birds? what age?

15. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome to chickenland from NJ. Get yourself a sticker and play word assoc with us.

16. Darrell72223

Darrell72223 New Member

I want four layers, but am happy with a few eggs a week. I mainly just want nice chickens that can cluck around while I'm doing yard work.