Hi fellow chicken lovers!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ClaireMackyd, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ClaireMackyd

ClaireMackyd New Member

:) Hi fellow chicken lovers!

[​IMG]Red Mites
    Hi all,my name is Claire and I live in the UK.We have 3 Silver Sussex,1 Rhondda Blue,1 Rhondda Ranger and 1 Sussex Pont.
    Has anyone got any tips on getting rid of red mites??? We have jetwashed,disinfected,dusted coop and chickens but we need to redo it this weekend for the 7 day cycle but they are on the fencing too now.I know the old fashioned creasote worked but you cant get that anymore but will need to cover fence in something as the mites are getting on our clothes!! The girls are called Nessa,Adele,Sugar(tits),Millie,Alyson and Sadie.:) For anyone that knows me would not believe how much I love our girls and would never imagine me scooping chicken poop and wearing wellies!!!:D

2. rob

rob New Member

hi claire. where are you from? i bought creosote a few months ago to coat my coop. i also use smite.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Welcome Claire from Michigan! Glad you joined us. :)

4. ClaireMackyd

ClaireMackyd New Member

Hi there...I'm in South Wales in the UK.We bought some Smite to spray it down with but need to re paint the fencing as it's gone a bit bare after jetwashing and heard Creasote was ok but only the oldfashioned one.

5. jn4

jn4 New Member

Well howdy back at ya Claire!

6. rob

rob New Member

im from cardiff.