Hi! Everyone

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Sylvia, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member

My name is Sylvia. My husband help me build a coop out of an shed that was on the property. It had shelfs in it which we made into nesting boxes, and I got 2 dog runs one panel splits the shed so I have storage in it and the rest makes a outside area for the kids to bug hunt and play. I have 10 chickens now, 7 of them came from a friend of mine (Sadie, Gurdy, CC, Cocoa, Becky, Maddy and Brandy) and 3 (Molly, a silky, and red and Lilly) I bought else where. I also have 3 ducks (Buffy, (her sibling died so I got Sassy and Tiffy) they are Magpies. We have enjoyed watching the 7 younger ones grow and the Buffy the duck. The others were pretty much grown when I got them. :)

2. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome !! This is a great place to swap stories and pics and ask and answer questions. Really nice folks I've only been here for a couple of weeks but so far it's been a really pleasant surprise compared to the other groups out there.

3. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

Welcome to the "coop"

4. blondie

blondie New Member

Welcome Sylvia. It sounds like you are enjoying your chicks. That's great that you took in your friends chickens.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member

I just bought a new little chick yesterday, my friend and I think it is a Mille fleur old english bantam. can any one tell me for sure, and any pacifics about them? I had to put her in a dog crate cause she so small afraid my tetra brown hens will hurt her. The guy told me she is only 8 weeks old. Can anyone tell me about them? Thaks for your help

Attached Files:

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Sylvia! Glad you joined us. Its a really nice forum here.

7. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

That is a beautiful chicken!

8. TheGarryFarm

TheGarryFarm New Member

Welcome from us as well!!!

9. eylan

eylan Junior Member

Hello:) Im new to this forum and chickens lol. But I do love them. I have 11 and waiting to find out if they are hens or roosters lol. I love reading all the neat stories and advice on here. Anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!:D

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hi and welcome to Chicken Land from New Jersey!

11. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Bawk bawk-bawk bawk bawk bawkbawk

Someday soon, you will know what that means! ;)