Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and about to be a new chicken owner.
we just bought a small homestead in south central Minnesota and right now just reading and studying and all that.
:D

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hello. Welcome from Upper Michigan. :) Any idea what kind of chickens you want to get? You'll be so happy with your decision to have chickens the moment you get your first ones. They're such a delight to have and so much fun!!! I was instantly in love the first peek into my box of 6 peeping precious peeps. Couldn't get home fast enough to take them all out and hold them. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all... wow thanks for the welcome!
Just about have my chicken house and run finished. A local farmer is culling his flock and i think they are Orpington's. He wants to give like half a dozen and i do have the setup for them. They will be 2 -3 year's old so I figure i can learn alot with them. Then come in about a month i hope to order chicks but still reading about it all. wow so much to learn! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
lhalfcent said:
we just bought a small homestead in south central Minnesota and right now just reading and studying and all that.
Welcome! I am new too! I must say that my Orpington is my favorite hen!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hey ...

I know a lhalfcent from Minnesota ... could it be ...

Welcome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
lhalfcent said:
welcome, from West Virginia! "Chicken Fever" is what they say we have. may you succumb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts