Hi everybody,

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by leona, Jan 4, 2013.

1. leona

leona New Member

I am halfway through building a coop. Well, my husband is, lol. I love all things about these great birds and can't wait to get started! Looking forward to "meeting" you.

2. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Welcome Leona. Where are you from?

Hope you enjoy the site. I have become
    addicted !

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello and welcome aboard the forum. :) What kind of chickens do you have or getting?

4. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome :)

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Well hi there!!! Welcome!! :)

6. leona

leona New Member

Thanks all. I'm in Circleville , Ohio.

Not sure which breed I'll get, I love the buff orpingtons and Dominique's . Any suggestions for a first flock?

7. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Hi again, Leona! I had bantams, and specifically, Silkies. Silkies are sweet and fuzzy and great for brooding and hatching and raising chicks if you wanted to. And they are so stinking cute!!! The eggs are kinda small, if you want them for eggs. But really fun to have and to show. And you will catch yourself showing pictures of your chickens to your friends. Just as if they are grandkids!!! And your friends will really start to talk quietly about you behind your back... and that's why chickens are just more fun to be around than people!!

8. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

I have a small flock of 12 hens. Almost all different breeds. This is my first time having chickens and I didn't know what I wanted. The lady I got them from was awesome and put together a really nice assortment for me. I love having all different kinds. So glad I didn't limit myself on what kind. I am learning about each one still. I think my Americana is my favorite as far as personality. I am learning that the ones with small or no combs are the best for these cold winters though

9. wkboggs5

wkboggs5 New Member

Hi everyone.

11 girls
    2 boys
    In Ky
    Bill

10. rob

rob New Member

hello bill and welcome

11. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Welcome & Greetings from Ohio....the Buckeye state!!!
    I'm talking the "Buckeye Chicken" NOT the worthless nut!!!