Hey there New-B from central Tx.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chickadee86, Oct 13, 2012.

1. chickadee86

chickadee86 Junior Member

Hey there I just recently stared raising chickens this spring. I have 8 hens and had 3 roosters down to one. Google has helped me out quite a bit then I found you guys. I hope yalls experiences can help me and ill do my best to share mine.;)

2. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome. :D

3. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome from north east Texas !! Where bouts ya at?

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome from NJ chickadee! Get a sticker, hang out and talk to the group, read the threads. Post lots of pics cause we all love pics! Have fun!

5. chickadee86

Thanks guys ill be sure to get some pics on here of my babys. And Cogburn I live in Axtell Tx. Right outside waco

6. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello and Welcome from the UK. :cool:

7. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Again, Welcome !! I'm in Emory (Lake Fork area)

8. mjenk

mjenk Member

I'm new to this site. Located in Fenton - which is in Mid-Michigan, started keeping chickens when GM let me go during the bankruptcy. They've kept us in eggs (until this summer's molt) pretty steadily. My wife told me that she was okay with it, as long as I built a coop that looked like it had been here for 100 years. I used reclaimed barnwood to build it and she likes it.
    The City of Fenton just approved an ordinance allowing maximum of 3 chickens, no roosters, in town. They didn't want to approve it, but enough citizen input prompted them to approve a restrictive ordinance. Understandable in the city itself, but I have an acre that is secluded from town. My 6 girls are flying under the radar for now... The city council enacted a punitive series of fines for infractions: $125 for 1st day, $250 for 2nd day, $500 for each following day.

9. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Welcome chickadee86 from Upper Michigan. We're happy to have you join us. What kind of chickens do you have? Lots of good stuff on the threads here and great people always ready to help if you have a question. :)

mjenk - My sister just moved to Fenton early this Spring. :) Your coop you made sounds absolutely lovely!!! Let your girls out 3 at a time. Six chickens? I only see 3. Someone must have double vision. ;) There's your excuse. :D Love your avatar!!!

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hello mjenk. Welcome to the sight. Get yourself a decal and play some games.

11. chickadee86

@7chickens: I have 8 hens a R I red,black australorp,two N H reds,a sliver dorking, and the other two I'm not sure of the breed they are white but thief tail feathers are black with white spots and they look like tjey are getting black in their neck feathers and I have a rooster just like them his tail feathers are beautiful they go up and sorta swoop down just don't know what kind they are. Then i also have a Tom turkey he grew up with the girls and thinks he's one of them

12. chickadee86

I forgot my plain white chicken I call her sugar

13. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Hi there and welcome from New Zealand!:D

14. mjenk

mjenk Member

Energyvet, I'm not sure what you mean by "get yourself a decal and play some games"? Is this some kind of chicken secret code?

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

You don't know? Then disregard her post... Mjenk hasn't passed initiation yet ? Someone dropped the ball... Again.. Lol

16. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Go to the decal thread and ask for one, then PM (private message) Keith or Austin with your address. Don't post your address in public. And we play movie quotes and word association. I was just inviting you to join in. And Cogburn is just an old so-and-so. He's really no fun anyway. Lol