Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
WindWhipt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.....just got chicks during "chick days" this spring. Loving it, and so is my reluctant husband. He always laughs when people ask me what I do, and I reply, " I'm a chicken wrangler and bee keeper." , they don't usually know how to continue the conversation! At this time we have 4 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Plymouth Barred Rocks, 4 Easter Eggers, 2 red hatchery girls that lay brown eggs, 6 Cream Legbars - one of which is a cockerel, 4 black and 1 blue Orpingtons, and last but not least......1 White Creasted Black Polish roo who needs a home, (hint-hint), that was given to me by a friend. We are also owned by 3 dogs, 2 boxers and a standard poodle. It's always fun around here.

I am working on trying to build some sort of business around the chickens and bees. Our 3 acre spread has been given the moniker "Wind Whipt Acres" because the wind truly does whip us here.

You can find tons of pictures on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/kimberly.marshall.54

you will need to be friended (is that a word?) to see them, and if you would like to know more just give me a holler.

Kimberly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello fellow Hoosier chicken lover! We are pretty much smack dab in the middle of the state. Just Easy of Indy. Welcome!

·
WindWhipt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to live in Bainbridge, work in Crawfordsville, and have friends still in the area. I miss the covered bridges. My husband and I are going to try and hit the Covered Bridge Festival this fall. What kind of chickens do you have?

·
Registered
238 Posts
WindWhipt said:
I used to live in Bainbridge, work in Crawfordsville, and have friends still in the area. I miss the covered bridges. My husband and I are going to try and hit the Covered Bridge Festival this fall. What kind of chickens do you have?
So where do you live and work now? I'm in Waveland.
I've got.....
4 EE
3 black giants
2 austrolorps
2 cinnamon queens
2 silver laced wyandotts
2 production reds
2 brown leghorns
2 white rocks
1 unknown
1 Delaware
1 golden sex link
1 Belgian bearded D'Anver
1 pekin duck
1 Indian runner duck
and last but not least
1 welsh harlequin duck

·
WindWhipt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bantam

What kind of bantam are you looking for? I have a couple of silkie roosters looking for homes. They are around 5 months old, and FREE! Also have a Lavender Amerucana chick, a silkie chick, both around 5 weeks, and bantam chocolate Orpington Roos all for sale. Not sure what you are looking for. Let me know if you are interested in anything I have or I may know someone who has what you are looking for. Welcome

·
Registered
93 Posts
smallworldgirl said:
Hey there from Danville IN. Just joined (-; looking for a bantam baby
Thought I posted this but it must have been on a different thread. Our 4H club has several extra banty chicks that are about two weeks old. They are show quality. Message me if you want a contact number. We are in Columbus.

·
WindWhipt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry!

I am just looking for one more as a pet. No roosters!! Lol. We already have 2. Definitely want some sort of bantam. Where are you located?
Sorry.....I only have Roos looking for homes right now. Alas.....the bad luck that follows you around when born a roo....:(. I am located in south eastern Indiana, North Vernon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts