here are my babies!! I got one older chick and she's mothering them!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by realsis, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rob

rob New Member

lovely mate, very nice.

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Cute babies........

3. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

I love them! How cute!

4. realsis

realsis New Member

Thank you so much! I'm one proud momma

5. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Cute! Nice colors on the two lil ones.

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Awww, too precious!!!

7. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Love them!! Congrats!! Jen:)

8. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

hee hee! aren't they adorable! have fun. they grow SO fast! take lots of pictures.

9. realsis

realsis New Member

Oh I will take lots of pics! They are so precious to me! They are getting used to the new home. They ate so much they we're starving! I think it helps to have my 2-3 month old in there with them. She honestly thinks they are her chicks! Being shipped together they developed a bond. She mothers them and they sleep with her. What a great momma she is to the little ones! They are finally resting now. I pray they do well! I'm so in love! I'm so happy!

10. robopetz

robopetz New Member

I'm sure they will do well. Can't wait to see what the lil ones will look like. My buff silkie is 4.5 mos old now. Still waiting for eggs.

11. realsis

realsis New Member

I know I can't wait to see what they will look like too! I just pray they all grow to be healthy strong hens! I want so badly to hold them a lot but I'm trying to resist until they get used to there new home! I'm so happy! I just love them!

12. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Are the younger ones Silkies too?

13. realsis

realsis New Member

Yes they are all bearded silkies. The babies are partridge and the older one is a blue. :)

14. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

mine are blue and partridge, too! see what others say, but I'd advise lots of holding. My Silkie Mama wouldn't let me get my hands on her babies for several weeks and they were hard to bring in for the occasional inspection. Now they will eat from my hand but still literally fly if I try to pick them up. I'm determined to win their trust, but it's taking a lot of work. Your emotional state seems very wonderfully healthy to me! Love away!

15. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

image-3094802016.jpg

[​IMG]

these chicks came to me on Thanksgiving at the age of three days

Attached Files:

16. realsis

realsis New Member

Awww they are so beautiful! So they are about 2 and 1/2 months old now? They are so adorable, I just want to hold them! It's amazing how much your blue looks like mine! They could be twins!! My blue Milly, is around 2and 1/2 months old also. It's really fun to hear that little cooing sound they make when they are content. It really surprised me today when I held Milly she made a little coo almost like purring when I stroked her breast. It was so sweet! I'm trying to get them to know and feel comfortable with me. I almost had Milly eating out of my hand today! She was so close but not quite ready to fully trust me just yet. Thank you for sharing your pictures with me! Your babies are soo beautiful!! :)

17. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

image-2229787987.jpg

here are the ugly feet all cleaned up.

image-3697385386.jpg

and here's the most colorful of the bunch

image-1882931612.jpg

and my blue baby. oh I hope it's a girl! I wNt this one so much. I call it Griffin.

18. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Scaley leg mites?

19. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

should I treat her somehow? take her to a vet? are the other chickens going to get it? can she heal herself with dust baths or a prepared bath of Diotomacious earth and sand? help please.