Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
That's a light brahma I think, with feathered feet and legs like that. But I have no clue as to gender, how old is it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's about 8 mths give or take a month or two. The reason I ask is we have caught it trying to crow early in the mornin and in the evening. It's a light brahma by the way. Couldn't remember if I had mentioned that.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
It's about 8 mths give or take a month or two. The reason I ask is we have caught it trying to crow early in the mornin and in the evening. It's a light brahma by the way. Couldn't remember if I had mentioned that.
Well yeah, if it crows, that is a great clue, too!;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
It looks like a roo to me I have buff brahma hens there 9 months old and there combs are not as big as that ones there are almost none existent so I would say a roo nice looking bird.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kinda hope it is but I do worry cuz if there's another I worry that they will fight. The only thing I haven't seen are spears.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Your not stupid we're all here learning that's why we come here no worries the waddle is what hangs under there beak it's much larger on the males then the females and depends on the breed as well and the fleshy part on top of the head is the comb much more noticeable on the roo then the hen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts