Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I did this today while I couldn't work outside. The galvanized nest boxes are from my farm junk pile, I fixed the magneto, crank and ringer on the phone and hung it up. Too bad I don't have a land line anymore. The table I made thirty years ago from scrap railroad heavy crating wood. Call it recycling, upcycling or shabby chic, I call it farm junk. I don't know which way the table is better or more functional. I only ever have a couple people for nonprofit meetings.

View attachment 37650
So I did this today while I couldn't work outside. The galvanized nest boxes are from my farm junk pile, I fixed the magneto, crank and ringer on the phone and hung it up. Too bad I don't have a land line anymore. The table I made thirty years ago from scrap railroad heavy crating wood. Call it recycling, upcycling or shabby chic, I call it farm junk. I don't know which way the table is better or more functional. I only ever have a couple people for nonprofit meetings.

View attachment 37650

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 37650
You are very talented. This looks adorable I love that stove!!!

·
Administrator
17,580 Posts
Barb, you should see the room with the string instruments. The man has talent with just about anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 37650

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 37650
You restored the stove? Thats beautiful. What a talented person you are, so lucky!!! And you repair violins and cellos too? I think thats wonderful. Good for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Barb, you should see the room with the string instruments. The man has talent with just about anything.
I wish he would share photos of that room, I bet it is beautiful. Talented man for sure. Everything he has is right up my alley. I love things like that. My Dad was an upholsterer and very talented with restoring things, mostly antiques, miss that.

·
Super Moderator
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Who knows where he is right now he gets into so much on his farm.
It made it to 54 degrees this afternoon before it started raining. This is what I'm working on right now. It's a 1925 McCormick Deering 10-20 tractor. It's a distillate tractor, so will run on kerosene etcetera.

McCormick Deering 10-20.jpg

21 - 40 of 61 Posts