Chicken Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
They are pretty stinkin' adorable!! My *guess* might be Ameraucana, but it's just a shot in the dark. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ameraucana but it doesn't look like the other ones. The other one someone gave us because they didn't want it. I don't really care either way, I just love those little babies!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your chick is called a "duck wing" pattern. One looks like a silver DW and one looks like maybe a gold DW. Chances are if you or whoever you got them from purchased them from a hatchery they are Americana's. This picture is of an adult gold DW Araucana roo and one of his offspring. The roo isnt a good example but its all I have now. There should be more gold on his neck feathers and the wings should have more color. Just trying to help.

Attachments

·
Banned
162 Posts
Actually, chances are good if you got them at the feed store they are not purebred Ameraucanas, they are Easter Eggers. Highly unlikely that a hatchery would have purebred Ameraucanas, or that a feed store would. But EE's are great fun, and lay lovely colored eggs. Enjoy your "mystery chicks!"

·
Registered
691 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts