Chicken Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I live in North Dakota if that makes a difference with what breeds they might be?

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I was on TSC yesterday and all the chicks were labeled. Granted the bantys said mixed variety but yours weren't labeled? I'd guess RIR, don't know, white leghorn and I don't know.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I would say red sex link ( top two pics, red is girl yellow is boy), black sex link(female). Those are my guess by color and TSC is famous for selling sexlinks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately no they weren't really labeled. 2 of the reddish chicks came from a tub labeled red pullets and the other 2 just said pullets. I believe the black one is a barred rock and the light colored one was in that same tub.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I (might) have the same chick that u said that was lighter and in the plain pullet tub...it is probably a amber sex link

·
Registered
127 Posts
OliviaE said:
Oh and I question...how did u get out of TSC with just 4 chicks because their minimum is 6 chicks
Hi Olivia, we don't have a minimum purchase in TN either. Although it sounds very enabling on the chicken math....."well I was only going to get 4, but what could I do?" ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
HomeSkillet said:
Hi Olivia, we don't have a minimum purchase in TN either. Although it sounds very enabling on the chicken math....."well I was only going to get 4, but what could I do?" ;)
Haha so true...I was going to get 4 but now we had to get 6...I love chicken math

·
Registered
42 Posts
First two I would guess either RIR or red sex. Third I'd guess buff Orpington, and last black Austrolorp. I'm guessing based on what I've got and what I've seen thus far.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Apyl said:
I would say red sex link ( top two pics, red is girl yellow is boy), black sex link(female). Those are my guess by color and TSC is famous for selling sexlinks.
Either that or Russian orlorrfs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AlexTS113 said:
There is a 6 chick minimum in pa!
Man it's a good thing there's no limit at the feed store I went to, I initially bought three, and a day or two later went and picked up one more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apyl, what makes you think the yellow one is a boy? I'm new to this and wouldn't be able to tell so just curious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts