Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ducklin got attacked by a hawk today. She is only 4 weeks old. Has 2 pucture wounds. Eats ok now since water is messy giving water by dropper. Ugh has anyone ever had a duck or fowl with this. I hate this.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Try to clean and seal the wounds and let her rest for the night. Tomorrow evaluate the leg and try and see if its broke or just sore. Keep a bowl of water and food within reach and hope for the best. She's probubly in shock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will take a picture in morning thank you. There is no resistance to the leg, when you move it she doesn't seem to know ur moving it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't not get a picture which is a good thing sorta of she's to fiesty for me alone to get a picture of her. She is still eating and drinking. Not using leg. Hopefully someone is here tomorrow to hold her so I can get a picture . Wounds seem to be healing with bactracian. And electroylites in water

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is able to now stand on leg but foot is not out it's underneath. Like walking on ankle. Someone said maybe a tendon?? But wounds look to be healing nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts