Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my babies are due in 2 days and I can NOT get the humidity over 70. This is so frustrating! Can anyone help?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dry hatching does not work very well in a still air incubator or in dry climates.
With a forced fan incubator in a high humidity climate it works great.
70% humidity is already too high.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I thought that a dry hatch is risky, as if you live in a cold climate, where the humidity is very low, the chicks will get stuck in their eggs. Right now I am incubating 7 Silkie eggs, I am on day 11 of their incubation and I have maintained the humidity from 40-55% then on day 18, I read that I am supposed to bump the humidity up to 65%. FYI I have a forced air incubator set at 99.5-100.00. I thought these were the best conditions for the most success. Am I wrong?

Newbie!

·
Banned
825 Posts
I thought that a dry hatch is risky, as if you live in a cold climate, where the humidity is very low, the chicks will get stuck in their eggs. Right now I am incubating 7 Silkie eggs, I am on day 11 of their incubation and I have maintained the humidity from 40-55% then on day 18, I read that I am supposed to bump the humidity up to 65%. FYI I have a forced air incubator set at 99.5-100.00. I thought these were the best conditions for the most success. Am I wrong?

Newbie!
THAT sounds like GOOD numbers on humidity.
The "microclimate" within which the incubator is placed ( in the house?) has a more direct effect upon the process than the location within the World. ( ambient temp/humidity outdoors)
( Could be very dry outdoors...but humid in the house. )
-
ReTIRED- :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts