Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from southern New Mexico. My husband, 7-year-old son, and I have just embarked on this new adventure of raising chickens for fun and for eggs. I have a vision of wanting to return this overgrazed, drought-stricken land back into productive high desert grassland. Hoping the chickens can help with that too!

Can anyone assist with identifying our young ones? Four are about 7 weeks old and 2 are 6 weeks. From the top right to bottom left, my guesses are:

Buff Orphington
Golden Laced Wyandotte
Light Brahma
Complete mystery?
Red Production
Ameracauna (or maybe falsely advertised, ie, Easter Egger)

We got the first 4 as a straight-run that my son's class hatched in their second-grade classroom. We have no information about what types they are. The other two are pullets I bought at a feed store the following week when I started worrying we'd have 4 roosters! If anyone can already identify their sexes, that's appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Keri

PS: Coop was under construction at time of picture, we don't really have 2 sticks standing up in the corner anymore! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Keri. Welcome. I am with you on the Buff Orpington, Wyandotte, Ameraucana, and maybe RIR or production red? Not sure on the others. Too hard to decifer sex from pic.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Hello and Welcome. I deffinitly see the Buff Orpington, Easter Egger, Production Red. Sorry not sure on the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts