Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to forum from Indiana.
Currently have many chickens from barred rocks and ameraucanas, to cornish cross and cinnamon queens. I also have a few bronze breasted turkeys.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi DixieBee! Welcome to the forum. :) Sound like you have a really lovely nice mix of poultry! How long have you had chickens and turkeys?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi DixieBee! Welcome to the forum. :) Sound like you have a really lovely nice mix of poultry! How long have you had chickens and turkeys?
Thank you.
I have raised poultry in the past, but not for a couple of years.
In December, we bought a home out in the country with a couple of acres and it had a chicken coop in the back yard....if you can call it that, lol.
Anyhow, I started getting birds again a couple of weeks ago. Have 91 birds right now, but plan on selling 3 dozen or so this weekend. I honestly wouldn't have that many, but came across a Craigslist ad, where I ended up getting 62, week old chicks for $30.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are in the west central part of the state. And I hadn't planned on selling chicks, but I hadn't planned on buying 60 at a time either, so I will be taking some to a livestock auction this weekend.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Now Dixiebee honey, that's not a name you get in Indiana. Where'd you come across that? Howdy from Alabama, the true heart of Dixie!! (That was on license plates 'round here for awhile :D) And welcome to the greatest forum on the web!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahaha, ok, I agree Dixie Bee does sound like a southern name.
I have that name because our homestead is on Dixie Bee road. In the next couple of years, we are wanting to open a small mercantile/feed and supply shop, geared mainly towards "urban farmers"
Basicly, the community we live in is a farming community, surrounding a town of about 3000 people, yet the closest place to get chicken feed, rabbit feed, etc, is 20 to 30 miles away.
In any case, we are wanting to open the small shop and call it Dixie Bee Mercantile.

Oh, and I'm a guy, have a wife and 2 kids.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lol!! How funny never the less welcome we are very glad that you have joined our little piece of paradise on the web ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts