Ducks Hello! Quack Quack!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl' started by DenverDucky, Jan 4, 2013.

1. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

We are new here and just wanted to say hi!

2. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Hey Denver!
    Welcome!

What kind of ducks do you have ?

3. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

I just have one pekin duck. I ordered her from a hatchery this past March

4. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

I messed up on that hah I was trying to say I ordered her and another duckling, but the other didn't survive the journey and was DOA :(

5. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Sorry to hear that . Plan on getting another for her? We have a male and 2 female Pekings. They started laying about a few months ago. One of our girls lay a huge double yoker almost every other day. Seems like they lay better then our chickens! I love the ducks, they are so soft and squishy! Donald makes me laugh when he thinks I am gonna hurt his girls ! He acts real tough!

6. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)

7. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

I wish I could get her a friend but I'm going to have to wait until I'm in a different living situation. My duck, Soleil, started laying early when she was 4 months. I was told it's not uncommon, that she's healthy and happy. She's also an indoor duck and it's been impossible to get her to stop laying. Did your girls stop laying for the winter?

8. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

No our girls are still laying strong . Sometimes they have laid soft eggs but usually they are good. Hoping to hatch some this year. Since Donald has been quite the stud!

9. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Hi DenverDucky and welcome.
    Soleil and I already know each other on FB. ;)

10. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

Thanks Bird_slave! Are you by chance Abbey?

11. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Nope - Kat.
    Every day I ask myself if it's weird that I have a goose and a couple of ducks on my FB friends list; then I think to myself why not? :D

12. DenverDucky

DenverDucky New Member

Oh HI! I was going through my friends list trying to figure it out hah. And no, it's not any weirder than giving Soleil her own FB page :)

13. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Nope, no weirder. Lately I've been thinking my geese Tuffy and Lucy need one of their own too. ;)