Chicken Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I thought I would introduce myself since I am new to the forum. I currently have silkies, showgirls, bantam salmon favorelles, Naked necks and brown leghorns and mixes of all of the above.:)

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome from North Florida.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My very first chickens were a surprise order from MPC and that is where I got hooked on the Naked Necks and this is also where my brown leghorns had come from. Then as I got more into chickens I of course fell in love with silkies and had to have some! :) I started to breed and show silkies and at one of the shows I had attended, I had the opportunity to buy some bantam salmon fav chicks and I must say, they quickly became my favorites!!! I love the breed! Since I also became partial to the Naked Necks and silkies, the only next logical step would be to get some showgirls! LOL ;) I almost forgot, I recently adopted an Buff Orp girl and a orp/brahma cross girl.
My most recent project I was working on, are salmon naked necks and I have a young boy that looks promising and he still has some maturing to do yet since just turned 4 months old but the girl is a bit darker than I would like her to be. Still got some work to do there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts