Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
papua1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 roosters that i supose are Giants Jerseys.
Can anyone tell me wich is the better rooster to begin my flock.And please take a look to my girls to.Are they real Giant Jerseys?
Two pictures from each rooster.
Thank you.

My 3 Girls

·
977 Posts
We had a pair of Black Jersey Giants. Lady and Mike Tyson. We still have Lady but Mike lost his life defending his girls from a fox. By the time I got the gun it was to late. Great protector.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The bottom pic looks like your best bet. the solid black hens look like jerseys to me. look just like mine is he mean?

·
papua1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi kitz.Thank you, for your help.I think that the 3 and 4 picture , the rooster isn´t good , because of is comb, ins´t like the others.The sole of yours Jerseys are yellow on the bottoms of their feet?
Thank you again.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi kitz.Thank you, for your help.I think that the 3 and 4 picture , the rooster isn´t good , because of is comb, ins´t like the others.The sole of yours Jerseys are yellow on the bottoms of their feet?
Thank you again.
The APA "standard" calls for the comb to have SIX points....more or less is a deduction in terms of show quality. NOT having yellow on the bottoms of the feet is a disqualifications....so make sure they have yellow on the bottoms of their feet in both the males and females! Finally, standard weight is 13 pounds for Cocks and 10 pounds for hens, I would use the heaviest birds for breeding purposes or those thaty are within 1 pound of the standard.....BIGGER is always better with Giants!:)

http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_22.pdf

this is another great document to consider if breeding Giants;

http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_44.docx

·
papua1
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thak you Jeff, you help me a lot.Just one more favour, can you please count the points of my roosters.One dont have the six, is obvious, but the others i have doubts in counting.First anf the six pictures please.Thank you again.

best regards,
Orlando

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thak you Jeff, you help me a lot.Just one more favour, can you please count the points of my roosters.One dont have the six, is obvious, but the others i have doubts in counting.First anf the six pictures please.Thank you again.

best regards,
Orlando
Orlando, I would NOT be that concerned about the "best" comb until I had the proper body shape, type and weight (overall confirmation) the best I could get. According to the APA this should help you "count points";

1 - 10 of 10 Posts