Chicken Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this, We (me and my boyfriends family)rescue battery hens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits and any other animal that is in need, I love what We do, it's so rewarding to see what a change you can make, here are some of our rescues,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome! I love what you do too and wish I was in a position that would allow me to. But, the time will come I guess. Hey, animals need love to right! Good job y'all!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hello and welcome. Thank you for what you do. I haven't rescued on such a grand scale but have adopted 1 shelter cat and 3 shelter dogs over the years. They are my loves. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw thank you all for your apprication my animals are my world, all the animals we have usually have either medical conditions or are extremely scared but they get so much attention that they all end up great pets, all our animals are rescues and 7chicks that lovely, when I was younger I always wanted a puppy but I moved in with my boyfriends mum and she took me to collect the dog we have now, the second I saw her I fell in love, she was in an awful state but now she's happier then ever, from living here I'm always going to be rescuing animals I even rescued some fish so I'm getting a little obsessed but I couldn't let them get hurt,

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hello and welcome! We have a few resumes with us as well, just cats and dogs. We are down to a dog and 2 cats. The cats are my daughters' and when they leave later this year they will take them. I just lost my cat in January, I may get another after the kids leave. I can't imagine not having a cat in the house :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
kahiltna_flock said:
Hello and welcome! We have a few resumes with us as well, just cats and dogs. We are down to a dog and 2 cats. The cats are my daughters' and when they leave later this year they will take them. I just lost my cat in January, I may get another after the kids leave. I can't imagine not having a cat in the house :)
Rescues....not resumes....darn phone

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aw bless, sorry to hear about your cat, I know how heart breaking it is, i would get another though not just for your happiness but to help another rescue, :) it nice to see how many people actually rescue animals and care so much

·
56 Posts
Ahhh....Many welcomes me english too...hence my name but live in Ireland. Its great on here with loads of info...I have ex-batts too, they are great arnt they??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
englishchick said:
Ahhh....Many welcomes me english too...hence my name but live in Ireland. Its great on here with loads of info...I have ex-batts too, they are great arnt they??
They're brilliant! We've had so many different personalities its great, I know it's bad but my favourite is called LC stands for little chicken, she got beat up by one of the turkeys and we didn't think she would make it but I spend three weeks with her under constant care and she's fine other then being a little blind, other then nana she's the oldest hen we have she's four this year,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts