Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined...figured I'd hop in here. I am fairly new to chickens. We have only 3 hens that we got back in April. We started with a Mobile coop/hen-house. Since then we started to let our girls...free range. They LOVE it and we love them. They currently give us 3 eggs a day which is more than enough for our family of 4.

Glad to have others of "like-mind" to chat with on this new and uncharted territory.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Roseann! I started the same way with my chickens for housing 2 years ago. Now that coop tractor has been my back up 3 times since adding 3 new hens over the past 2 summers and lately an occasional retreat for my much pecked on australorp. Since where I live its cold for over 1/2 the year, they have a main insulated, heated coop to stay in. During the day though, that old coop has been getting a lot of use now. Ummm, hubby left me to go to a fur/feather swap Saturday unsupervised and I ahhh sorta found this sweet little 5 mo. old Araucana hen that I just "had" to bring home ... :D

Hope you enjoy the site here. Lots of comradery I've found on this site.

·
seiuchin
22 Posts
Hi, I am fairly new on this site. We got 3 chicks March 31. Thay have not started laying yet (17 weeks old) but they should be laying by the end of this month. Hope they lay in their nest box.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
No. I don't. Lol I know Bergen county well. I'm still figuring out the middle of the state and it's been 6 yrs. I used to work in some places in the south of the state. I know I liked Ohio and Wisconsin when I lived there. I think I'm a farm girl at heart. That's tough in NJ sometimes. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's in Camden county, Glouster township, in a line between Camden & Atlantic City. I could't live there now. To many stupid rules, regs, and laws telling you what you can & can't do. Can't even change out a front door, or replace a board on your step, without buying a permit first. :mad: I'd be in trouble all the time because if something needs done, I'm gonna do it and I ain't buying a permit to fix something on MY property. . . . Just sayin. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts