Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hey there all you chicken lovers out there! Aren't chickens just wonderful and soothing to our spirit? I've had chickens off and on now for only about 17 years. LOL, We had one rooster came on a tornado a couple of years ago, we called him Whirlwind.

We live on a 93 acres and have about 2 acres our yard. I am a 27 yrs. stay at home homeschooling mom of 2 sons who are out of the nest. I enjoy making soap, lotions, etc., gardening, canning, dehydrating, and a lot of other home spun things.

I look forward to getting to know y'all and help each other out.

Oh, can anyone tell me how to put an avatar picture up?

Let's talk soon, :)

cleanheart <3

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi! Welcome aboard. :) Sounds lovely where you are! I'm jealous! I live on an acre with a noisy highway in front and noisy kids on dirtbikes with aftermarket exhaust running behind the house for hours and hours at a time.

For your avatar go under my account, edit avatar to pick a picture to upload.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 7 chicks. Do you really have 7 chicks? lol Sounds like you're in the city or maybe the suburbs. Michigan is a lovely state. We lived in Cincinnati, OH for a while. That's the closest to MI I've been. I think it's fascinating how y'all 'ice fish'. lol, I would like to do that one day.

How many chickens do you have? I've just started back with mine. I incubated 24 eggs and hatched out 9 in Feb.. 3 pullets and 6 roosters. We'll be having chicken in the freezer real soon. I found a place on a country road that sells registered chickens, eggs @ :eek: $15/ doz. She said they were for hatching and were "REGISTERED". Too much for me. I've never heard of such a price before. Anyway, I bought 3? I forgot their names, but they lay real dark brown eggs. I bought 2 pullets and a rooster. I bought 3 Buffs last week and 3 Americana's Weds. So I have 18 chickens. :)

Well, I just wanted to talk to you a minute and say hey. Thanks for your help.

cleanheart

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey THANKS 7 chicks, (do you really have 7 chicks)? The avatar thing worked. I never know exactly how to do them.:eek:

cleanheart

·
977 Posts
Welcome! Glad you joined us here! I would love you acreage ! Just think of how many chickens I could have!!!!!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Welcome from Cat Spring, TX! Wow that's alot of acreage you are very blessed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts