Hello from small town VA!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mombird4, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mombird4

mombird4 New Member

Hello, I am Robin and I live in VA with my husband and youngest son. I have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. My kids are 26, 22, and 11. We live in a small rural town and began raising chickens 1-1/2 years ago. It began as a homeschool science project, hatching eggs in an incubator. We hatched our first eggs and ended up with 10 healthy chicks. Out of those we had 6 roos and 4 pullets. Our roos had to leave, but our 1-1/2 year old hens are wonderful. When our girls were still young (just after laying for a few months) we took some of their eggs to see if they would hatch (just after the last roos left). We hatched 2 pretty little chicks who will be 1 year old this November. One of our older girls hatched 5 new baby's this past July 1, 2012 and we are still waiting to see who is rooish or henish. LOL Right now we think we have 2 roos, my beautiful white and black ones (all of our chicks are 'mutts') so they will have to leave. :( These 2 are either Delaware's or Sussex, not sure. We have one barred rock, 1, maybe 2 RIR, 2 EE's, a white bantam of some sort and 3 solid black EE's

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi mombird4! Welcome to the forum! I'm from Upper Michigan - also a Robyn. :D Glad to have you join us. Lots of fun stuff on here, great info, and some really terrific people too! Scratch around the threads, join the conversations, post some pics of those sweet chickies of yours. We look forward to getting to know you. :)

3. rob

rob New Member

hello robin and welcome aboard :)

4. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hello from Virginia ... :D