Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Our new flock is 10 days old now. Black Jersey Giants, Silver Seabrights, Black tailed white Japanese, 6 Silkies, and 3 White Crested Black Polish. We have 3 retrievers and 3 horses. We got the big guys for eggs, and the little ones to scratch in the horse pens and keep the fly population down in summer. The Silkies will stay confined. I don't want predators to get any of them, but the Silkies seem like they would be more susceptible. We have fox, owls and skunks.

It's been a few years since I've had chickens. 50 chicks arrived in this little box 10 days ago. They grow so fast! There's no way they'd fit in that box now! The big guys are out in the small coop, and the little ones are still in the house. It's supposed to get into the 70's this weekend and all danger of frost is gone here in southeast New Mexico.

Anyone else live down in this area?

This seems like a great forum. I look forward to getting to know some of you all, or as they say in my part of the country, "Ya'll". (-:

Peggi
and the Bell Ranch Critters

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Peggi! Welcome aboard. Beautiful breeds you have! Please post us some pics. We're HUGE suckers for pictures! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Chicken fans from all over the country. Love it! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts