Hello from NW Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by UllaBee, Jul 9, 2012.

1. UllaBee

UllaBee New Member

Hello everyone! I couldn't be more thrilled to find a chicken app!! So excited to get to know many of you. I live near Toledo, Ohio and just started with chickens a lil over a month ago. We have a flock of 29 six and seven week old chicks of nine different breeds! Lol! 9 Easter Eggers (8 mottled brown?, and 1 wheaten), 2 Ameraucanas (one black, one blue), 2 Copper Marans (one black, one blue), 4 Andalusians (2 blue, 2 splash), 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Australorps, 1 Light Brahma, and 1 Buff Laced Polish (the free exotic chick).

Go big or go home, right? We wanted a variety of eggs and a pretty flock, and the hatchery had a minimum of 25, then we had to go to a local breeder for the Marans & Ameraucanas. So far, we are loving every minute of it!

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Welcome! Would love to see some photos of your setup.

3. Marengoite

Marengoite Junior Member

Nice to see another Buckeye here.

4. TajMaCluckCoop

TajMaCluckCoop Not so Junior-Junior Member

Hi!

I used to live in Old Fort, Ohio! That's a wide spot in the road, south of you. I'm no longer a Buckeye--now I'm a Nutmegger!

5. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Great to see more folks in Ohio finding the "Chicken Forum"....welcome to the crew!!!