Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rescued my first chicken EVER!! She's a 1 yr old Ameraucana hen whose previous owners let her loose on a busy street and she was attacked by a stray dog. I work for an Animal Rescue agency and took her home after she left the vet. I'm currently fostering, hope to learn here and possibly keep her. -Stephanie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And we, "Henrietta" :) and I are from Southern California. Anyone think she'll lay eggs even after her traumatic past?

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Congratulations to you and Henrietta! Welcome to the forum too! She will recover and lay again in time. Bet she is so thrilled to have you as her mom now! Lucky girl is going to have the best life ever. :) She's a pretty girl. Very docile breed too. I have one that was given to me last Sept. that had been badly beaten by her follow flock. She has the sweetest soft chitter. Took some time to get her used to being handled being that was new to her. She's been a wonderful addition that I wasn't expecting. Those are always the best though aren't they. :D Glad you joined chickenhood. Its a rewarding experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts