Hello from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kiwicsi, Sep 24, 2012.

1. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Hi there, I have just joined and have not even got my chickens yet. I have purchased a coop online which should be arriving later this week; hopefully my DH will help me assemble it. Then in a couple of weeks we are off to the battery farm to liberate 4 hens.

I have never kept chooks before, but I'm really looking forward to it. I have to say that Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and River Cottage have pushed me in this direction!

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hi Kiwicsi. Welcome to Chicken Forum. Lots of good info here and helpful people. I'm from the East coast of US. I have my coop in boxes waiting for my son to come home from school and help me put it together. He's pretty sure I can't do it on my own. Lol. I look forward to seeing your story progress and what coop you purchased.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello Kiwicsi! We're happy to have you join us! :) You're going to love having chickens. They're one smart feathered critter!

4. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to sharing my progress with you!

5. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I love the way you guys say ... chooks. :D

Hello & Welcome!!!

Come on in!

6. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Thank you :)

Well, the coop arrived today, all boxed up and ready to assemble. Unfortunately I don't have the time just yet to get started. Must. Be. Patient.

7. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello and Welcome for the UK .:)
    How exciting get your first rescue hens .:cool:

8. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Raising chickens should be a breeze with as many helpful tips as there are on this forum!
    If you ever have any problems with your soon-to-have chickens, feel free to ask! :)

9. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Thank you so much, everyone. It's great to know there is a wealth of experience out there. Anyone else out there had ex-batts before?

10. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome !! Kick your shoes off and dig yer toes in.. You're at home..

11. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

I have never had ex-battery hens. I've always wanted to adopt some, but I am never in the right place at the right time.