Hello from New Hampster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thomas Lippert, May 10, 2020.

1. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

The Fisher cats are my biggest worry. Imagine a weasle that likes fighting with porcupines. Oh and they delight in killing house cats. A coop would provide them with a lot of fun. We have Bobcats, mostly a turkey predator though, black bears and coyotes. Weasels, and the occasional field rat.

2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I'd go the extra mile then in protection but I'm paranoid. Weasels are difficult enough to have to deal with. Yep, I'd make that pen Fort Knox. Just make sure you can still get in.

Thomas Lippert likes this.

3. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

I used to rescue and rehome them in the 90s I had about 15 at one time. Had a rescued Cayman too.

4. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Naranda

Naranda New Member

Hello all you beautiful people!!! Here in Virginia!!! I finally jumped into starting my flock I have been wanting to for a long time now but never really got around to the actual process. I was watching others online and learning as much as I could. And last month I hatched my fist clutch of chicks. And this month I hatched two clutches. 7 from the first clutch who are 4weeks old. And 14 total(One of which I lost during the hatching process today :() from the two clutches this month who are about 2days and about 4days old. I started them 2 days apart. So I learned a lot in two short month. Including how to build a chicken coop and secure a run :). Anywho I hope I can be of service to someone one day on here and I hope I learn lots from you all experienced chick mamas and dads

6. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Naranda. If you've been wandering around the forum you can tell here are a lot of people devoted to their birds. Some of the people on this forum can make you laugh when you least expect it.

Jump in wherever you feel comfortable. Everyone is open to new faces here.