Chicken Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I decided to join this forum. I am definitely a chicken addict. I started two years ago with a diverse egg-laying flock which just kept growing! :)

During the last 7 months, I have been slowly selling off the laying flock an began raising SQ and breeding flocks of several types: French Copper Black Marans - my girls are just starting to lay eggs, Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons - almost old enough to start laying eggs, Seramas- oldest is 7 months, bantam Mille Fleur and Frizzle Cochins - laying eggs, Naked Necks- 5 months old, and just starting on a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana breeding set.

There are brooders and chickens all over the house. The area outside that was for chickens has expanded more and more. My husband just rolls his eyes. :rolleyes: He's been through something like this before when I got into lizards and bred two different types, raised and sold them for 10 years. Now it's chickens!

I hope to learn and share experience here! Always great to network with others of like minds.;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool, I'm interested in selling birds too.

If I could, I'd give them away ..... everyone should have at least three laying hens! Beautiful nutritious eggs, natural fertilizer and pest control...and their wonderful personalities. What a way to get your food.

But reality is this chicken odyssey needs to become self-supporting and hopefully turn a profit. So please share ideas as you go!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Hello and welcome. I've done reptiles as a vet for 25 years. Enjoy Chickenland! Birds and reptile aren't that different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts