Chicken Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We live in sthe midcoast maine maine area. We will be getting our first chicks today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhodisland reds and americanas. They are a week + old. We wanted to start with something that was already eating and drinking well for our first ones.

·
Country Gurl
62 Posts
That is a great choice. I'll EBBSO, SBBM, quail. and some others that I can't think of this morning that will hatch in a couple of days. I candled last night, and pulled and placed more eggs in the bator. Today I'll check Sebbie eggs. Hopefully can do it without Momma goose catching me.

VIVI

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Todd! Welcome. :) Nice choice for first time chicks! You're going to really enjoy having chickens. Great entertainment and they are very calming to sit with.

·
172 Posts
Hi Todd. Thanks for coming by. Hope you make yourself friendly and stay. Two nice chicken breeds you got there. Chances are you have Easter Eggers rather than Ameriaucanas if you bought then at a feed store. They will lay green eggs rather than blue but a lot more of them. I currently have 3. Great birds!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I will be on a bunch learning as we go. Havnt got a coop yet but will have something by the end of April I hope.

·
Banned
825 Posts
WELCOME Todd !
I have ONE Americauna hen ( Easter-Egger ). She lays "Robin-BLUE" eggs.
I've got a couple of Rhode Island Reds in my flock also. THEY are GREAT egg-layers.
I'm sure that you'll be pleased with yours !
Bruce ( ReTIRED )

·
Registered
764 Posts
Im from mass, vacation in York, Me every summer! We just got a couple Rhode Island Reds and some columbian rocks. So excited to be starting out as a backyard chicken owner! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts