Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Randal and Im here to learn more about chickens. That said, I do farm both organically and conventionally. 200 acres is chemical farm ground and 545 is organic certified. I raise organic yellow corn, first load of 2012 crop went to organic chickens in Hays, Kansas, organic food grade soybeans, organic alfalfa hay, chemical corn and soybeans. i also have a 35-40 head cow herd that my brother and I one parts of. (mom died and now we split what was hers. I have my own cows too.) I have 62 head of calves in 2 lots that Im feeding out to market this summer. They are not organic. Ive been farming since 1984 after 2 years at a community college for farm management. Ive lived in 2 houses my entire life. been married 10 years and have 3 boys ages 9, 11, 15. No I didnt create the 15 year old, he came with my wife. Hope that is good enough opening.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Hi Randal, Welcome to the Chicken Forum. I'm in Wisconsin but have a bunch of family in Iowa in and near Owine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southern California!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to type where Im located in my intro. As I tell everyone, "OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE". In 1 of 6 counties in Iowa that doesnt have a railroad, but we have a lot of PLOWS and BULL, thats 2 hints, actually 3.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Greetings from SW Ohio and Welcome to the Chicken Forum!!!

I'm from a town in Ohio that at one point had EVERY mode of transporting goods and people smack in the middle of it....rail, river, canal, road and the airfield!!!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts