Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:) I am a 17 and my parents finally let me start my own little chicken farm in the back yard. They should be all hens so i plan to sell all of their eggs once they mature. I have a job so I have to pay for everything on my own, but its well worth it! I have babies and could really use some great ideas for names. :) today is the 4th day with the new family but the chicks are approximately 2 months old. I have bought my own chicken coop, and a fence too let them run in the day. When they get a bit bigger and it gets warmer out, I'll let them run around in the garden! I have a Columbian Wyandotte, blue laced Wyandotte, partridge rock, black Autralorp, and two Turkens. Any help, comments, suggestions, ideas or advice is appreciated:)

image-1310173703.jpg

Partridge Rock

image-1024874621.jpg

Columbian Wyandotte

image-3501943296.jpg

Black Australorp

image-1638026145.jpg

Turken #1 Her name is Penny

image-3941316697.jpg

Blue laced Wyandotte

image-72226841.jpg

Turken #2

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys! I can't wait to get started :) also, i think one of them might be a rooster.. How do I tell for sure?

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
What sweet little ones you have! I have an australorp too and she's such a love. Very sweet, docile, stubborn but friendly girl. Welcome from Upper MI. :) There are a few threads on here with a pile of chicken names. Not positive right off which category they're under. Thinking general chicken discussion.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Wisconsin. I was born and raised in Illinois but got out as soon as I could :). Good luck on the new flock. My advice would be, keep it simple. You dont have to follow everyones advice and what works for one person may not work for you. Its all trial and error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts