Hawk attack!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by amandahalterman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

ME and my daughter were sitting in the living room about 30 mins ago to all of a sudden I heard this horrible screaming! So I grabbed the baby and ran outside to see my silkie "little" (silkie with the sore bottom post) about 2 ft in the air being held on to by a hawk, I ran and grabbed the broom, and as I came around the corner, my cat came running towards the hawk an leaped on it, the hawk released my chicken, my chicken ran under a bush, then my cat ran cause he seen me running at them with the broom, and I swung as hard as I could, I missed the hawk, but it flew off, I got under the bush to get my little silkie and she looks ok, just scared, but there are alot of feathers under the bush, so there must have been a struggle for a while, so I grabbed the chicken and my baby and started looking for the other chickens, they were all hiding in the garage, so I put little in the garage with them and closed the door, but then I noticed I can't find littles brother "hawk" (drunk silkie post) he is bigger then his sister so if the hawk couldn't get her up in the air I doubt he could get him, but I looked everywhere and I can't find him, I'm hoping all them feathers I found under the bush wasn't him, hopefully he's just hiding, I'm gonna give them Alittle while to calm down and I'll go back out to look again,

Attached Files:

2. Michaela

Michaela New Member

Awww that's awful!! I hope "hawk"is ok!

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

It may help to put up some bird reflector tape here and there. May be worth a try...

4. amandahalterman

Hawk is safe and sound, I found him in there coop,

5. robopetz

robopetz New Member

This is horrible. They are glad you were able to scare it off. I sure do hope other silkie comes out from hiding.

6. amandahalterman

I found the other silkie, he must have been hiding but then came out and hid in the coop

7. amandahalterman

What is that?

8. robopetz

robopetz New Member

That's awesome! Glad to hear.

9. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Bird Tape is made from flashy iridescent material that is used to scare away unwanted birds. Together with the movement and crinkling sound of the tape, the reflective colors and shimmering surface scare birds away from any area where they are unwanted. Bird tape can be used in a variety of applications by lining patios, fences, trees and garden trellises with the holographic strips. As a visual deterrent that birds find disorienting and irritating, the tape provides a very economic way to startle and scare away birds.

10. madonna

madonna Junior Member

I have a Chicken Hawk problem here to. I put two plastic owls out and put them around my area which is help a lot but I'm going to try that tape to where can u get it at?

11. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

We get the tape at our local feed or hardware store...

12. Millie324

Millie324 New Member

I had a hawk attack!! The hawk ate 7!! Of my show birds! Then I laid a net on top, and haven't seen a hawk for a week. Then, the hawk went under the coop and pulled a chicken through!!! I blocked the bottom of the coop! Haven't seen him since.

13. Cescacharl

Cescacharl Member

Oh my Millie fingers crossed he gets no more!

14. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Oh sorry for your loss. That's awful.

15. Millie324

Millie324 New Member

Thank you! Hope the best for ya:) and hopefully he doesn't come back!