Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching this incubator like a hawk for three weeks and last night was the start of the 21st day. I'm 90% a stay at home mom but I go in to work to do the books once a week, on Thursdays, for two hours. I checked the incubator before I left and nothing had changed. TEN minutes after I get there my husband sends me a picture showing one egg has pipped. I get home and no change whatsoever and no more pips so I go for a bath after watching the 'bator for two hours. TWO minutes after I get into the tub my husband comes in says "it hatched!" And it did. That was last night at ten pm. Now this is what we have as of an hour ago:

Pink Fawn Creative arts Wool Magenta

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LittleWings said:
Congratulations! That looks like a nice asst of chicks. What all do you have?
Thanks!! I have coronation Sussex, lavender and blue Orpingtons, Blue laced red Wyandottes, and a few hybrid mixes (a few purebred roosters escaped into the purebred hen pen).

·
Administrator
21,766 Posts
Great hatch. Just in time for the Winter months. Sorry, just had to say it. I always said no chicks in Winter. I said it but the moment a girl went broody I'd just let her have at it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
robin416 said:
Great hatch. Just in time for the Winter months. Sorry, just had to say it. I always said no chicks in Winter. I said it but the moment a girl went broody I'd just let her have at it.
Lol. Those chicks are all 10 weeks old now. Although I'm raising up some RIR I hatched for a lady after this batch. Those are two weeks old. I'm hoping she takes them before the snow flies as I certainly don't want to deal with that but here that could be any day now!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
outsider31 said:
Congrats! Patiently waiting Sept. 29th!
Thanks! This is an old thread...not sure how it got bumped up here lol but thanks anyway. How many are you waiting for and are they under a broody or in the incubator?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts