Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your plans for Halloween?

My Daughter's school has a fall fair, so we're going to that, but my friends that all lived in walking neighborhoods (houses close together) have all moved and I don't want to walk 2 miles in my neighborhood to hit two houses. I think my daughter would be very disappointed by that.

So what are you guys doing?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
We head into town now that we live in the sticks. Park at the gas station and walk the little neighborhood behind it. Our little town also has activities hosted at the fire dept where they give out hot chocolate and hats and stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Our town has a great big get-together where everyone comes in their costumes and walks a big route collecting candy from outside of all of the downtown stores. It's so cool seeing all of the awesome costumes!

Some girls in my 4-H group (and their little brother) and I will most likely be dressing up as shadows! Dressing completely in black, black gloves, and covering our faces with cloth that we can see through, so that our entire bodies are covered in black! Then we creep around and stalk people! XD

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
We have never had anyone for Halloween... It could be because we live 1 1/2 miles off the road ...:D

I have always "fixed" a bucket for the kids and now the grandbabies.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Austin said:
What are your plans for Halloween? My Daughter's school has a fall fair, so we're going to that, but my friends that all lived in walking neighborhoods (houses close together) have all moved and I don't want to walk 2 miles in my neighborhood to hit two houses. I think my daughter would be very disappointed by that. So what are you guys doing?
Trick-or-Treating and the school dance. :)
And lol! Courage! XD

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
What is everyone and/or your kids dressing as?

My oldest is being Naruto, my youngest a Lion, and not sure what my son will be yet. He keeps changing his mind.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm going to be a minion witch. Couldn't decide witch (haha) one, so I combined them! :)

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't dress up. I take myself to seriously, but my daughter may prove me wrong. She's adamant I dress up this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got talked into dressing up as a hipster disney princess... I'm not to excited, I was just going to dress up as a hick, and wear the same I wear daily.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We'll go to the town the kids go to school in (population about 200) and 'do the walk'.

The boy is going to be a Sith or a barbarian, and the girl is not sure yet.

I'm going as a crumudgeon :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Apyl said:
What is everyone and/or your kids dressing as?

My oldest is being Naruto, my youngest a Lion, and not sure what my son will be yet. He keeps changing his mind.
Me and my friend just bought two matching costumes: peanutbutter and jelly. Haha, we got them online from eBay so they should be coming in any day now! I'll post some pics if y'all want? But this is what they look like online

image-277052040.jpg

Attachments

·
37 Posts
I usually get 50-80 trick or treaters; so I'll be home passing out candy, with the dog.

Kaax

·
Registered
88 Posts
A family with young children moved in next my place. So this year i am expecting to get at those three.. But as I live on a road that has three well four houses onit.. I do not expect to get much in the way of trick and treaters at my door again this year.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Anyone else carve pumpkins yet ? We have a Pumpkin Bash at the fair grounds that we work each year with 4-H so the kids got their pumpkins there this year.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Not yet, but that pic is another thing that's making me beg to!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's our pumpkins we carved for our local pumpkin trail. We picked our pumpkins from a local dog rescue that grows them for a fundraiser. Fun times. We probably won't get trick or treaters as we never do. We usually go to another neighborhood to go since no one has it in our neighborhood.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts