Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my first guinea fowl, Picked them up on Wed. By Sat. They were all dead, they had a great indoor coop, fresh water with electrolytes, medicated starter food and a heat lamp, it was horrific, they got weak, necks turned back, couldnt walk, then flopped around till they each passed, ANYONE know what this could have been? Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were mail ordered unforunatly, it was 100 degree day out but possibly the delivery truck had ac on??? Would that cause them to act the way they did though? Losing balance, becoming floppy and necks bending? I was afraid they were diseased? Or my brand new bag of Manapro feed infected? It also killed a baby copper maran that i put the guineas in with. Anyone from ohio???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered from Meyer Hatchery, although they are shipped from another place (?) But they did guarentee them and i have 15 more being shipped next month,, o am just afraid of the same thing happeneing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was just manpro medicated chick starter, i looked at TSC for just turkey starter and they said they only have chicken/turkey starter, nothing specifically for turkeys....but thank you i will look for it and purchace before my new babies come, i am sooo wanting these guys to do well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.