Chicken Forum banner

Guess the Momma

3K views 46 replies 6 participants last post by  robin416 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I started off this mothers day with an egg hatching! :D
One of my Barred Rocks went broody on me, so I let her lay on 2 eggs. Sadly, one didn't make it but this little guy did! 💚

Now, I have a pretty diverse flock.
I have:
2 Barred Rocks
2 Sapphire Gems
1 Buff Orpington
1 Autsralorp
1 Black Copper Marran Cross

My Rooster is an Australorp.

The babeh:

The flock:

I'm pretty sure I have an idea who the egg could of belonged too, but I wanna see your thoughts.

See less See more
#9 ·
Hey everyone! I started off this mothers day with an egg hatching! :D
One of my Barred Rocks went broody on me, so I let her lay on 2 eggs. Sadly, one didn't make it but this little guy did! 💚

Now, I have a pretty diverse flock.
I have:
2 Barred Rocks
2 Sapphire Gems
1 Buff Orpington
1 Autsralorp
1 Black Copper Marran Cross

My Rooster is an Australorp.

The babeh:
View attachment 40628

The flock:
View attachment 40629

I'm pretty sure I have an idea who the egg could of belonged too, but I wanna see your thoughts.
View attachment 40631

can you tell me what type of chicken the black and white one is? we have an olive egger that looks like a male and im wondering if the one in the photo is a male or female.

#18 ·
I always loved watching them do that. Or have a head suddenly pop out through a wing.

You didn't need to keep them separate from the flock. Chances are peep would have been just fine because Momma wasn't going to let anyone near it.
They're separated because I have neighbors that have a lot of outside cats that are in my yard a lot. :(

#28 ·
So this is Chocobo, who I think is the original layer of my little peeper. She's one of the sweetest girls I've got and she is so mild mannered.
She is chilling in my lap in these pics.

She can also give my and my sisters german shepherds a run for their money with her head tilts. 🤣

#36 ·
So this is Chocobo, who I think is the original layer of my little peeper. She's one of the sweetest girls I've got and she is so mild mannered.
She is chilling in my lap in these pics.
View attachment 40781 View attachment 40782

She can also give my and my sisters german shepherds a run for their money with her head tilts. 🤣
Omgosh! Looks like my buff orpington I used to have! So gorgeous!

#37 · (Edited)
A friend of mine convinced me to name the little Peeper, Isis. So her (still hoping) name is now Isis!

Here are her one month images! Her and Freya have been outside the last few days, but its been storming here and I had to bring them inside. Isis is having trouble getting into the coop.

She is turning out to be so pretty!

She is turning out to be so adorable! I really think Chocobo laid her originally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.