Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday September 4, 2013 at 8:50pm our family said goodbye to an amazing friend and companion Lila the Bichon Frisé. Lila was my dog, but she was also so much more. I have been very blessed to have had her in my life for the last 14 plus years. I find comfort in knowing that she is no longer hurting. She can now breathe without difficulty. And wherever she is now, she is up to her own mischief: knocking down trash cans, stealing bras and underwear, shredding toilet paper, stealing food off the table, doing the Bichon Blitz and having a blast. I know someday I will see her again. She was that one special dog. She was my best friend and I feel that I am a better person for having had her share my life.

·
Registered
558 Posts
(((Hugs.))) I understand. My dog/best bud Irish Setter Keri has been gone now for nearly 25 years, and her hold on my heart is just as strong. I haven't had another dog since.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I understand your pain and loss. I just lost my beloved rat terrier (well not just lost anymore I guess but it still feels like yesterday) 12/28/12 at the age of 10 yrs. 2 months to stinking stupid spiteful hateful renal cancer. :mad: Miss her dearly still. Those pets sure do take hold of our hearts don't they. Many hugs being sent your way.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hugs to you! It's always hard losing a beloved pet. :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
So sorry for your loss. They really take a hold of your heart. I still miss my Shadow and Stoli. Shadow died unexpectedly of a misdiagnosed health condition and Stoli joined him 2 months later of old age and I suspect he missed Shadow. That was a little less than 2 years ago and I still miss them. Sounds like Lila was blessed with a family that loved her very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. It's been tough. I've had moments where I thought I was fine and then the tears would come again. I feel bad for our other Bichon Frisé who is 13 1/2 years old. He's never ever been alone before because he's always had Lila. He doesn't understand so he walks around the house, whimpering, looking for her.

This is a picture of my angel Lila. It was taken on Wednesday.

Attachments

·
977 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I have been there to when my pet rooster died. He was MY first pet to pass. I can still hear him crowing to this day and it has been 2 years. He will never be replaced and will always hold a place in my heart.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am so sorry. We lost our beloved American Eskimo Qatiyana 2 days ago. The pain is intense. Your little Lila looks so precious. Hugs and understanding , from me to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts