Greetings from the Midwest (USA)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bird_slave, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

A little about me. I live in the midwest section of the US, on a farm with my husband and our menagerie. We have dogs (german shepherds), a few assorted cats, ducks, geese and chickens. I've had chickens for quite a few years now. This is my first year with waterfowl and I have found my poultry niche with the geese. The two that I have are wonderful and I hope to have quite a few more.

I have the following breeds/species:
    LF brahmas & seramas (both ends of the chicken spectrum), a handicapped crossbeaked silkie/cochin cross, and a lone white faced black spanish cockerel. Having no luck re-homing the WFBS, but he is content to take orders from my brahma roo, so he gets to stay. I will soon be re-homing the seramas, except one. I purchased one serama hen as a companion for my crossbeak and the serama has succeeded in creating an entire flock.

I have six runner ducks, a drake and five hens and a pair of call ducks. And finally, my loves - a pair of geese. Tuffy is an american buff gander and Lucy is a brecon buff (she was supposed to be an american buff too).

I look forward to interacting with y'all, learning and helping when and where I can. :)

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Welcome to the forum Bird_Slave. Love your user name! What a fun mix of birds you have! You'll have to post us some pics when you have time. We're major picture fanatics around here. :D

3. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Thank you for the welcome 7chicks. :)

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome from NJ. Maybe you could start a waterfowl thread and post pics. Glad to have you with us. :)

5. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Thank you for the welcome Energyvet. As a matter of fact, I just posted a pic of my geese Tuffy and Lucy. I hate to play favorites but among my fowl the geese and my older brahma hens are my favorites. Don't even get me started on my german shepherds. ;)

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I know someone who used to do GS rescue in Wisconsin. She's a dear friend. And I know about how some pets just ring certain bells. No judgement from me. Lol

Truly great to have you here with us. :)

7. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard. :D

8. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member