Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! My name is Jacob and I hail from Ohio. I am a husband and father of two. My family and I are trying to get back to the basics of life and decided that raising chickens would be a good addition. We have 6 chickens, 5 hens and 1 roo. 4 of them are buff orps and 2 barred rocks. We also have 2 rabbits, and a dog. And in August we will be getting 10 cornish crosses for my oldest sons 4H project. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning more and more about these wonderful creatures.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello CreekMedic, I am in Western PA and just started my flock this spring. I, too, am about being as self-reliant as possible, hence the chickens. I'm considering bee hives and Nigerian Dwarf Goats next spring as well. I have a couple row gardens and several raised garden beds. All are doing well so far.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard. :) Did anyone forewarn you how addicting chickens can be yet? :D You and your family are going to get so much enjoyment from them. I adore mine just as much 3 years later as I did when they were little peeps. Lots of personality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts