Greetings from Arkansas, New To Forum.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BirdManSamiJD, Sep 20, 2012.

1. BirdManSamiJD

BirdManSamiJD New Member

Hello All You Farm Fowl Enthusiasts! I, BirdManSamiJD, am new here to this wonderful forum & am pleased to have found it! I currently have & raise many different species of the avian variety here in Arkansas. Some of the breeds I currently have are: Chickens, Guineas, several breeds of Pigeons, several species of Finches, some Cockatiels & Budgies. I have in the past raised Pefowl, Turkeys, Duck, Geese, Pheasants & Quail. At the moment my main breeds of Chickens are: SS Hamburgs-8Hens,2Roos. Blue Andalusians-6Hens,2Roos. Black Minorcas-8Hens,4Roos. Columbians-1Roo,3 Hens. I also Have 1 Dark Brahma(Roo), 1 Silver & 1 Golden Polish(Both Roo's) & About 8 Cornish Rocks (Again All Roo's) -that were thrown into my Feb. baby chick order for warmth. Yes, I Know ~ I Have Too Many Rooster's....So if ANYONE would like a Good Quality Show Bird or a Cpl of Cornish Roasting Birds ~ FOR FREE ~ Please let me know!!
    I also had 9 Guineas, but am currently down to only 5 because they like to wander & often go into 2 of my nearby neighbor's yards & occasionally they end up in their fenced-In dog runs & the dogs catch, kill & eat them! All my poultry are free range birds so I figure it's bound to happen.
    My own dogs (4 Dobermans) never bother the birds, having learned the phrase "No Birdies!" After all they have heard it enough, I've been saying it to them ever since they were just small lil' young pups learning. I often found myself re-enforcing the "No Birdies" phrase to them over & over again. Esp. when they'd run past the birds and just couldn't seem to resist giving chase to all the fluttering wing-flapping feather'd mass of fowl fleeing away from them in a panic'd hysteria! They have learned well since then & no longer bother the Chickens or the Keets! Occassionally however, they'll run up on a pair of rooster's fighting just close enough to break them up, never giving chase once the birds seperate and move on! It's almost as if they know I don't like it when the birds fight, so they take care of it for me which in my book is a good thing!
    I have raised almost every kind of farm fowl & small cagebirds for over 30 yrs. I was also a licenced rehabber for Injured & Orphaned Wild Raptors, Songbirds, Pigeons & Doves & the occasional Roadrounner or wild Gambel's Quail for close to 7 yrs when I lived in Arizona. I Am An Avid Bird Watcher/Feeder & Self-Taught Home-Grown Farm Fowl Husbandry Student & A Self-Taught Bird Studying Ornothologist!
    I know a thing or two when it comes to most birds so if anyone has any questions needing answering, please feel free to ask me, I am always happy & willing to help in any way I can! Thanks!

2. BirdManSamiJD

BirdManSamiJD New Member

Opps, I Forgot To Mention...

I will be posting photos of all my birds & my coops soon. I am in the process of building a new 16X16 Chicken coop and will be posting a step by step photo diary through-out the process of building it for all to see for learning purpouses ! That is all! Thank-You!

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm in NJ. Your skills and experience will be valued here. And I think you have aptly named yourself. Have fun! We like pictures too! :)

4. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hello & Welcome ... :)

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Well hello BirdManSamiJD! Welcome to the forum. We're delighted to have you join us. :)

6. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome from NE Texas !

7. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello :) I bet you have loads of interesting facts and true tales to tell us :cool:
    Looking forward to reading your future post`s and seeing your photos . :)

8. kklove2018

kklove2018 New Member

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Howdy and welcome!!

10. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Welcome to the Chicken Forum sounds like you are addicted to fowl of ALL kinds and should fit this gang well!!!

11. BirdManSamiJD

BirdManSamiJD New Member

Thank-You Everyone!

Just Wanted To Say Thanks For The Warmth In Welcomes From Everyone!:eek: I Will Soon Have Photos Of New Chicks To Post, Hope You'll All Enjoy Them!

12. Buddy

Buddy New Member

Where in Arkansas are you? I'm a few miles from the Arkansas Louisiana border.

13. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Welcome and hello from Alaska :)

14. BirdManSamiJD

BirdManSamiJD New Member

I Am In Highland, Between Ash Flat & Hardy, Ar Neaar MO Border!

15. Buddy

Buddy New Member

I've been camping at Blanchard Springs. Beautiful country.